Stoneleigh and Auriol Residents’ Association believes that

  • Local people, who do not have a political party agenda to fulfil, should make local decisions, about local issues.
  • You, the resident, should be able to tell us what concerns and affects you, and our Residents’ Association and elected RA councillors will do their best to advise and represent you.
  • Residents should be kept informed about what is happening in Stoneleigh and the rest of the borough. To keep residents in touch with local matters, Stoneleigh and Auriol Residents’ Association has its own website and also publishes a quarterly magazine, The Resident, which is distributed free to our 2,500 member households.

We can’t promise you that you will always get the result that you want! Our borough council does not have power over issues managed by Conservative-controlled Surrey County Council – such as transport, roads and schools, or by central government such as housing and building policy – but we can lobby and speak on your behalf.

How do I become a member?

It’s easy to join – no forms to fill in! Just contact your local zone representative or phone David or Hilary Turner on 020 8393 9215.

Membership is voluntary and costs just £2 per household per year. The subscription helps SARA to operate effectively and sponsor your Residents’ Association candidates at borough and county council elections.

What can I do as a member?

We are always pleased to recruit members to act as zone representatives. They are the eyes and ears for their fellow residents in identifying what problems or issues are concerning, or affecting, people. Zone representatives deliver our quarterly magazine, collect annual subscriptions from members in their zone and, if they wish to, attend and vote at committee meetings.

We also need people who are committed to working for the benefit of all residents as officers of the General Committee. Some have even been elected as local Residents’ Association councillors!