Your Residents' Association continues to press for more information about the future of the Organ and Dragon site. The following letter has been written by Natalie Rogers to the representatives of KFC, who recently purchased the pub. Natalie has since received a response.
Dear Mr Onions
The Organ and Dragon Public House, London Road, KT17 2BL
As a local resident of the Epsom and Ewell area and the Chairman of the Stoneleigh and Auriol Residents’ Association (SARA), I was saddened to read about the closure of the Organ and Dragon.
I understand from Councillor Teasdale, who is one of the elected Residents’ Association councillors for Stoneleigh and Auriol, that Pegasus Planning Group has recently purchased the site on behalf of KFC. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the meeting at Bourne Hall on August 22 2012 but I have been contacted by a number of residents expressing concerns about different aspects of the plans and proposals. I have set these out below and would be grateful for a response at your earliest convenience.
- Please advise to which roads you sent letters about your plans and the meeting at Bourne Hall on 22 August 2012?
- Please advise how many people attended the public meeting?
- Will there be any further consultation with local residents and councillors prior to a finalised planning application being submitted to Epsom and Ewell Borough Council?
The outline plans indicated the proposed development will include a family restaurant and takeaway.
- What is the maximum number of customers the restaurant caters for?
- Will the takeaway facility be a walk in and/or drive through facility?
- What are the proposed opening hours of both the restaurant and take away?
- At what time and how frequently will deliveries be made to the premises?
- How many car parking spaces will there be?
- Have traffic studies been undertaken to model the impact on existing traffic volume and flow?,Please specify when and over what time period these were done?
- What were the findings of any traffic studies?
- How will traffic flow be managed at peak times into and out of the site?
- Please can you describe the limited alterations that will be made to the premises?
- What employment opportunities will be created by the proposals?
- What actions will KFC make to ensure adequate waste management and protection of the local environment?
- Will KFC make any Section 106 money available for use in the local community?
- How will KFC ensure noise from customers leaving the premises, and potential anti-social behaviour is managed given that the area the site occupies is next to residential property?
- When do you expect to submit a planning application to Epsom and Ewell Borough Council?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Stoneleigh and Auriol Residents’ Association